March 26, 2009

My 9 year-old


J's self-portrait

I have already introduced M to you, so I thought I would take a minute and introduce you to my older son, J. He is a wonderful kid, a wonder to me sometimes, and wonderful at almost everything he does. He is a deep thinker who, for the past few years at school, wins the "outside the box thinking" award. He lives with his feet firmly planted in reality, but would love to have lived with the ancient Greeks. He doesn't have a many friends as M, but those he does have will be his friends for life.

Here is how I love J, from I Love You the Purplest by Barbara Josse.
I love you the bluest! I love you the color of a dragon fly at the tip of its wing. I love you the color of a cave in its deepest, hidden part where grizzly bears and bats curl up until night. The mist of a mountain. The splash of a waterfall. The hush of a whisper.
I will love you forever J.

No comments:

Post a Comment