April 20, 2010

A How-To Book I Needed


If Graphic Novels count in the 15/15/15 challenge, then so does my entry for today. It is a "how-to" for my new camera. And boy, did I need David Busch's Nikon D90: Guide to Digital SLR Photography. I only skimmed chapters 4 to 9, but I read in great detail every word and instruction in chapters 1 to 3. The detailed reading of the latter chapters will come as I hone my skills. Well, it will come after I develop some skills. This is a serious camera. I bought it for our upcoming trip to Glacier National Pack, and I want to know what to do with it.

Of course every book says the same thing ... take lots of photos. But you kind of have to know what all those buttons do first. This is going to take some time, but I have a pretty good start.

Are you interested in a new camera? Do you have questions? Are you looking for reviews? Before I bought my new D90 I read www.KenRockwell.com over and over for months until I finally made up my mind. He also has some great user guides and info sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment