January 25, 2011

Amalgamation #2

Very interesting article on Chief Justice John Roberts in Fortune. More so than any President or House Speaker, he has the power to shape our nation's future.

On the flip side of the court system ... Judges who stay to long.

Oscar nominees have been announced. Of the best picture nominees, I have seen ONE. The Kings Speech. But I intend to see Toy Story 3, The Social Network and True Grit. When they are available on Netflix.

I have been a Republican as long as I can remember. Granted, a moderate Republican. I do not like Sarah Palin. Apparently that makes me a member of the educated, wine drinking, intellectual elite. How badly do I want a Republican in the White House? Not enough to vote for Mrs. Palin. Perhaps that is something the Republican Party should also take under consideration this year.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a Democrat as long as I can remember, (fiscal conservative, social liberal) and I'm with you on your dislike of Palin. My thought about her and Michelle Bachmann, a popular politician in my home state of MN, is something like "Just because you're pretty and not dumb doesn't make you qualified for office."

    ReplyDelete