May 26, 2010

Protest, Please

I know you are upset about what is happening in the Gulf of Mexico. I encourage you to protest.

Don't use your car for a month. Remember, you also can't take the bus, the subway, a taxi or fly in an airplane.

You have to walk, ride a horse that eats hay you grow on your own land, or ride a bike.

I don't like what is happening either. It is a tragedy with years and years of repercussions. There are no easy answers. It isn't an easy problem. But I can tell you that some of the smartest minds in the world are working on it.

The "oil companies" are not the whole problem. They don't all consider themselves "beyond petroleum." Some of them aren't putting windmills on their gas stations. Some of them are focusing on what they do and are doing it the best way they know how. Some of them focus on safety. Some are doing the job they know how to do better than anybody else in the world. I know this because my husband works for one of them.

He works longer hours in more dangerous situations than just about anyone I know. He is committed to personal safety and project safety. He has over 1000 people working for him. Their lives and well-being are his responsibility. He takes his job very seriously.

Yes, he makes a good salary and his company makes a profit. I refuse to apologize for that. If you own a mutual fund, then you should be glad they do.

Given all of that ... I wold like you to put him out of business. I would like to see more of him. So if everyone will stop using oil and gas products, he will be out of a job.

Go ahead. Protest. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment